Edited Directional and Ambient Sound Recordings

1.

Use portable audio filed recorders to record 6 location ambient sounds and 6 focused directional sounds in a range of environments. Recorded sounds must feature altered file names that are specific to the location they were recorded.

You must also produce photographic evidence that clearly shows each person in your group using the portable sound recorders on location to capture ambient and directional sounds. These pictures can be taken using your mobile phone.

Recorded sounds must firstly be uploaded to your SoundCloud account profile page and embedded into a blog post with accompanying photographic evidence using the title Ambient & Directional Sound Recording Production.

                                                                                                   _______

Ambient and Directional Sound Recordings:



































_______________________________________________________

Multi-Track Sequencing:





Evidence of multi-track sequencing:

I used the sound of people screaming and explosion and machine gun sounds to make it sound like a war is going on in a town or city. I used four separate sound tracks, two are different explosions, one is a machine gun and one is the ambience (the people screaming). The screaming is meant to be citizens who are scared trying to get away. I used the panning sound effect to make the explosions, gunfire and screaming sound like they’re coming from different directions and changed the volume to make them sound close up or far away. I also used the same track multiple times to make the explosions sound more consistent.


Adam Hughes
__________________________________________________________

Pitch and Time Stretch: